Understand the Basics about Cellulites and Get Rid of Them
You wouldn’t want to be stared at for the wrong reasons. For instance, you wouldn’t want anybody to look at you just because you’re flaunting some unpretty cellulites. What are cellulites, anyway? How do you get them and how can you get rid of them? All these questions will be answered by this article.
What are cellulites?
- Dimpling of the skin
- Caused by fats deposited just below the skin’s surface
- Also known as dermopanniculosis deformans, adiposis edematosa, gynoid lipodystrophy, and statys protrusus cutis
- Can be seen on the lower limbs, abdomen, and pelvic region
- Other names include mattress phenomenon, orange peel syndrome, hail damage, and cheese skin
- Commonly occurs after puberty
Causes of Cellulites
- Hormones – hormones that affect cellulite formation are insulin, estrogen, thyroid hormones, noradrenaline, and prolactin.
- Diet – eating excess carbohydrates, fats, and salt promote cellulite formation. Not eating adequate amounts of fiber-rich food also triggers cellulites to appear.
- Genetics – it is one of the predisposing factors of cellulite formation along with race, gender, distribution of fats, slow metabolism, and circulatory insufficiency.
- Clothing – Cellulite forms underneath the elastic part of underwear usually across the buttocks. It is due to the limitations of blood flow.
Treatment of Cellulites
- Weight loss – the most efficient way to deal with cellulites is to lose weight. It is not easy but you have to control your weight to avoid further complications. You can do this by eating a well-balanced diet and taking regular exercises. This will help strengthen the muscles on different parts of your body and thus improve dimpled skin.
- Liposuction – for others, losing weight is terribly difficult. If you have the means, you can consult your doctor about getting a liposuction. It only helps in shaping your body but the cellulites actually remain. This may sound disappointing but it can be a jumpstart to preventing more cellulites to occur.
- Laser therapy and radio-frequency systems – this is a combination of different treatments to treat cellulites. It uses infrared lights, radio-frequency, and negative tissue massage. It is said to be the most beneficial treatment of cellulites in which results can last up to 6 months.
- Cellulite creams – You will find lots of this type of creams in the market but it is better if you ask your doctor about this. Usually, you are to apply this cream twice a day and it includes 0.3% retinol cream which improves the appearance of cellulites. It consists of herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants. For some, it causes skin rashes so it is necessary to ask your dermatologist before applying the cream.
No related posts.