Lots of women freak out the first time they see lines on their faces. It only means that they are aging. Usually, these fine lines appear after 35 and as each year passes, those wrinkles also double in number. Some people even get wrinkles in an earlier age then you start to worry about your appearance or the idea that you’re getting less attractive. To some this can only be remedied by getting artificial treatments but you can actually reduce or retard the appearance of wrinkles by doing simple and natural remedies and techniques.
If you have delicate skin, you may want to consult a dermatologist. With the technological advancements today, there is no doubt that you can find a solution to your wrinkle problems. For those who do not want spend a dime just to look their younger, there are also ways on how you can reduce your wrinkles. We cannot stop time to stay 23 or younger but there are ways in which you could look younger than your age.
- Limit sun exposure. The number one cause of wrinkles is prolonged exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. There are hundreds of articles that will tell you about its effects. It is even more powerful than genetics and heredity. You can have younger-looking skin when you are not exposed to the sun for long periods of time. If you really have to be out all day, wear something that will protect your face and the rest of your skin.
- Apply sunscreen. As mentioned, if you cannot prevent sun exposure, wear sunscreen with at least SPF 15 to protect your skin. Sunscreen application also reduces risks of having skin cancer and wrinkles as well.
- Stop smoking. Smoking is always a culprit no matter what the disease or condition may be. Cigarette smoking hastens aging as it breaks down elastin and collagen. These two enzymes are vital components of the skin. It makes wrinkles appear and also makes the skin thin.
- Get enough sleep. Have you noticed that if you have at least 6 hours of sleep at night, you feel vibrant and healthy? If you lack sleep, the body makes more cortisol than the body needs. The excess cortisol then destroys skin cells. Having adequate sleep will help in making your skin more elastic and thick thus reducing wrinkles.
- Stop squinting. If you must read, get glasses. The lesser your facial movements are, the younger you look. Squinting stresses your facial muscles so it then forms into wrinkles.
- Know your sleeping position. Doctors would recommend that you sleep on your back. If you do, there will be lesser chances of having wrinkles because you don’t get what they call “sleep lines”. If you sleep on your side, notice that when you wake up you will see wrinkles on your chin and cheek. Sleeping on your back can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
So you see, you don’t really have to spend a lot just to prevent wrinkles to appear. All you need to do is to remember these tips and you can avoid having them. Prevent the appearance of wrinkles so you can be comfortable in your own skin.
Recommended wrinkle resource: